Friday, December 7, 2007

Future Run Goals

I want to finish my first 100 miler in 2009. I've tried two 100-milers before and have had to quit. The first was Vermont in 2005: 78F dewpoints, +85F temperatures. I was severely dehydrated. I got to about mile 33 and couldn't get up, and they took me out in an ambulance. The second was Umstead in 2007. I began to show signs of severe dehydration at mile 62 and took myself out of the race.

I perspire very heavily on warm/humid days. I can lose a liter of sweat in no time.

The problem isn't that I'm not drinking enough. I drink so much I slosh. In fact, the gatorade and water doesn't get absorbed fast enough. It sits in my stomach till I feel like I have water filled up to the back of my throat. I need to find something that will help the liquid be absorbed faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment