Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baltimore cometh....

Three weeks until the Baltimore marathon on October 11 at 8am:
http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/Race_Info/relay22d8.htm


I'm running in a relay event with three other guys from work. We are the Accenture Express. I've got the second leg, 6.8 miles, going along the harbor out to Ft. McHenry (of Star Spangled Banner fame) and back. I get three water stops and a press-gang tour of the Fort.

What I didn't realize is that Leg 2 is the flattest of the four. From mile 6 to mile 12.8, after the initial 100 foot decline, the course stays within the 50-foot elevation band. How sweet is that?!









I'm hoping for good weather. With low humidity and a cool day, I could go for a 7-minute mile pace on this. Wouldn't that be nice. More than likely it will be around a 7:30 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment