Sunday, October 25, 2009

MCM Today

The Marine Corps Marathon is today. I am dedicating this race (the first I have ever dedicated) to my Dad

Henry Orlando Westcott

Dec 27, 1924 - Oct 23, 2009

See you on the course.
Peter

Update: I had hoped for a 4:30 finish - I finished Baltimore in 5:00, and with all those hills, so I thought that a half hour earlier was possible. I like to start out really slow - 14/15 minute miles until I warm up completely - but I met Tammy and her friend Imelda on the course, and I chose to keep up with them instead. It felt great but it was too fast too early for me I think. The first half of the race, the first 30K, was great, no issues. Then things did not go as well and I crawled in to finish at 5:30. My story is that I didn't rest enough between the two races. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment