Tuesday, December 15, 2009

several runs

I've had several runs out since Las Vegas - nothing more than 5 miles, and not consistently. I'm beginning to feel like a slug again. The problem is one of motivation versus being a wimp per se. It's cold and dark early in the morning, and I don't like to go running in the cold and dark. It's cold and dark in the evening, and I don't like to go running in the cold and dark.

I will go running for training in the cold, and I will go running for training in the dark, and I will go run a race in the cold and dark, but I don't want to push myself to train in the cold and dark for a training run. It really annoys me.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and begin running at work during lunch. It's not the best choice because it means that I'm not able to interact with clients over lunch, and I'm also missing out on social time with my peers. But i need the run each day and I'm not getting it now and it is killing me mentally and physically, and that's not doing my career any good either. So that looks like the best choice.

I'm going to try to run at lunch tomorrow. I've got my bag packed (well, the bag is courtesy of my generous eldest darling daughter) with what I will need - running clothes, electronics, towel, shampoo/soap, etc. the only thing not in the bag are the orthotics that I put in my shoes. i only have one pair and i am wearing them now. that's my one "single point of failure" for running, the thing I need to never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment