Saturday, April 19, 2008

back at it

I ran 7.88 miles on Saturday morning at an average 9:54, including lots of hills. I took off on a route I'd never been through before, very pleasant in the early morning. There are places near my house where gas lines or petroleum lines have been buried, and the area over the lines is mowed grass. Some of the areas have had asphalt running trails laid down through them, others are just grass. All are fun to run through because they are open and wide and green - kind of like fire breaks in the forest. Saturday morning warmed up quickly with a high around 85F.

Sunday was rainy and wet, just worked around the house and listened to the sump pump run.

it has been three weeks since I ran last. I would have run earlier this week but my travel schedule conspired against me. It takes me a good two weeks to fully recover from a bad cold. Guess I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment