Saturday, April 26, 2008

beautiful morning run

It was a beautiful morning for a run. By 9am it was 60F, a little on the humid side. I figured I would make a loop of about 5 miles.

On the way home I discovered this wonderful place. There are several gas and petroleum lines buried and criss-crossing in the several miles around our house. Almost all of these are wide-open grassy areas, most with running trails down the middle (but a few are more native and unkept, and some are considered back-yards of the houses next door). When I saw this broad strip (perhaps 70 yards wide or so) of grassy-ness stretching out as far as I could see, I was so inspired I just had to go - and go - and go. There are some places where there is little more than a deer path, and some other places where the neighbors probably would have scolded me if they had been awake. But it was glorious. I had a rough idea where I was but it took a while to find a route that connected with home. The end was 9.07 miles at a 10:24 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment