Wednesday, June 25, 2008

interval training

if it is Wednesday in the summer it must be time for Interval Training at Reston Runners. Cindy is the greatest coach, so glad she's leading this again. First the usual 20 minute warm up run followed by yoga stretching. I am so tight in my hips, and my left hip is way tighter than my right. Funny how I don't notice these things just walking around day-to-day.

Today's drill is the 400-400-rest-repeat at 90% of our 1-mile pace. My 1-mile pace was recorded at 7:40, so that translates into two laps around the track at 2 minutes each and then a 2 minute rest and then we do it all over again. Cindy asked for 4 to 8 of these, and I did 4 - still have my head cold, so why push my luck - and I felt great afterwards.

Actually, I ran most of the laps about 10 seconds faster than my 1-mile pace, though I rested the full 2 minutes. Stretched some more and another successful training day is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment