Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goofy's Race-and-a-half - Mickey's Marathon

The marathon is the signature event of the DisneyWorld Marathon Weekend. Weather forecasts had been toying with brief showers forecast for race day, but by race morning those had been pushed back to Sunday evening.

Sunday was forecast warmer than Saturday. In fact, starting temperatures were about 9F higher than Saturday, while the noon temperature was in the upper 70s. I forced water at each water stop and limited my carb intake - once again this technique served me well (thanks to Gatorade Sports Science Institute for their help). I finished in 5:09, an okay time and my fastest on this course, but i really did want to break 5 hours. oh well.
5 miles 11.55
10 miles 11.221
Half way 11.38
20 miles 11.55
Finish 11.826















No comments:

Post a Comment