Thursday, January 29, 2009

Change of plans

So I was creating a training plan for a friend and I was thinking about the directions I was giving, and it occurred to me that I am probably not taking my own advice. While I have a pretty good base, I still need to remember that I am starting off on a much more focused training effort than I have done before and need to think of myself as less experienced.

Right now my heart/lungs have improved beyond my muscles. It's easier to get the heart/lungs in shape than the muscles and bones. I am at risk for a soft tissue injury.

I'm going to cut back on the number of "4" training days to one from two, at least until the muscles have a chance to catch up to the improved cardiopulmonary performance. The adjusted plan is:
Monday - 3
Tuesday - 4 (or 3)
Wednesday - 2 (or 3)
Thursday - 2 (or 4)
Friday - 3 (or 2)
Saturday - 3 (or 2)

The "3" training days are still solid training and help to advance my fitness level, whereas "2" is just maintenance and recovery. (BTW a "1" seems to be equivalent to "living a daily life"). Let's see how that goes through February.

No comments:

Post a Comment