Thursday, May 14, 2009

a nice little evening run

So I've been house-bound for the last week with a series of related bugs, and going crazy from no exercise.

Tonight was soooo nice, 75F at 6pm, that I just had to go for a run.
I went up by Erika's school, which is 3.3 miles, then further up to Route 7, over to Fairfax County Parkway (did you know the paved trail on the side of the road ends half-way there? I didn't know that before), then down to Wiehle (did you know that FCP doesn't even HAVE a paved running trail on the side of the road through there? I didn't either before tonight) and then home.

Running on the side of the road with cars zipping by you is one way to get wide awake in a hurry.

I ended up completing over 7.5 miles at under a 10-minute pace, which considering two of the long lights in this route means I was moving right along.

My SUUNTO Training Effect was a 5. Wow! I am still tired from being sick, maybe a little dehydrated, my body isn't used to running this hard, and the first time out after a rest just feels so good you want to run fast. But I hadn't thought I'd peg a 5. Hmmm.

Anyway, getting weller, back to running. I'm looking for a slow 12 miles this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment