Sunday, June 7, 2009

midnight run

I had a 10-mile run to do this weekend, and it's always a challenge to figure out when to do them. So I figured I would go out Saturday night (and really at night this time, versus very early the next morning). My plan was to go down the Fairfax County Parkway for an hour and see where that leaves me, and then head home. I figured this would be about a 10-mile run overall.

I took my headlight when I headed out at 10pm, and it's a good thing I did too, because there was a lot more vehicle traffic than the prior week. The car lights shining in my eyes really made it difficult to see the trail and the headlight helped make it visible. I need to figure out a Plan B as far as the hat and the light go - the light shines through the visor and is itself a glare problem for my eyes.

The run was pleasant and uneventful. I was very tired when I got home at midnight. I stretched, ate something, took a shower, and went to bed quickly. I'm pretty sore this morning - i didn't ice my legs or anything, i was just too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment