Monday, November 9, 2009

Capital Crescent trail

Ran about 6.5 miles from work out onto the Capital Crescent trail and back. it runs along the east side of the Potomac just above and to the west of Georgetown. It has an identical look and feel to the C&O Canal tow path, which is its sisters.

Only a handful of pedestrians on the trail that I saw. The C&O tow path is right above it, all unpaved, and I think that the pedestrians use that because...there are lots of bikers on the CC trail in the morning, most heading into work, some zipping right along like Speed Racer but without the manners. Almost got run over twice. Whenever a cyclist is courteous enough to signal they are going to pass me (a bell, a "passing on your left", or whatever, versus just the sound of their tires in my ear), I try to always say "thank you" as they go by. Just a karmic reward that I hope will help them to continue being courteous.

I felt tired pretty much the whole way - it was a struggle to keep up a 10 minute pace. I need more sleep. speaking of which, I think it's time to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment