Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pre-JFK

I put in 14 easy miles on the W&OD today in preparation for the JFK. Kept up a 10 min/mile pace for the whole time. Saw Marce' on the trail, she was running strong. Tons of other people out enjoying the clear cold day.

I really should have a *long* run tomorrow - 20 miles - but I don't know if I can manage it schedule-wise. My youngest is getting over the flu so I will be home with her for the morning while the rest of the family is off to church, and then I still have lots of leaves to move (with a 3/4 acre lot and 50-year old trees, lots of leaves is an understatement). If I do those things before I start a run, it will probably be mid- to late-afternoon before I can get out the door to run. And at that rate I'm going to be out after dark before I finish (which actually is also good preparation for the JFK since I plan to start and finish in the dark).

No comments:

Post a Comment