Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nipmuck Trail Marathon

Why did I sign up for this race? The race website inspired me:

" ...I have no desire to risk my life and health running with you lunatics. "
" If I wanted to run through jungles and streams I would get a lobotomy and join the Marines ... "
" Your application understates the dangers of the trail by about 500% "
" You are a menace to the running community specifically and decent society in general. "
" Go get bit by some of your beloved wildlife. "

With an offer like this, who can refuse?

I have run trail marathons before - Bull Run in 2005 and five times on the JFK - and each of those were less technically challenging than the Nipmuck. Nipmuck combines the rocks of the JFK, the relentless hills of Bull Run (but at a Connecticut scale), and good old New England humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment