Sunday, February 1, 2009

Left leg

My left calf is hurting at the place where I tore it a couple of years
ago one MCM, accomapnied by tendon strain.

It also hurts at the front of the ankle where the shoe tongue goes.
Feels like tendon strain there also.

Both of these have been creeping up on me over the last few days. This
is probably a result of the rapidly increased training. I have ignored
them and worked out anyways, hoping the rest days would be enough
rest. Sometimes that is true, but not this case.

I'll have to see Monday tomorrow if a recumbent bike will avoid
placing strain on those two tendons, and also can take the place of a
treadmill to get my heart rate up sufficiently

I would think it would lessen the strain a lot, because the pedal is
coming back by itself, I just need to bring the foot up and push down,
there is no pushoff the way there is in running. I suppose we'll see.

Physical Therapy gave me exercises to do to build up that muscle, but
I haven't done them in several years. I'll have to dig them out once
the sensitivity has gone down.

I don't want to take a total break from working out because 1) that
leaves me far behind my training goals, and 2) the workout moves a lot
of blood to the area and that helps the repaiir work.

No comments:

Post a Comment