Sunday, February 8, 2009

In other news

Lisa C. has registered to run the Seattle RnR marathon with me!! I am so jazzed I can hardly stand it. I haven't seen her in ages in person, though the pix I saw of her and her family are just wonderful - they are a great looking bunch. So she is going to run her first marathon and I am going to help her train long-distance.

She runs about 4 miles she says at a 10-minute pace, which is a bit faster than I do now. She sounds like she is in pretty good shape. On the one hand I hope that I can keep up with her - I might train her long-distance for her first marathon and then have her leave me in the dust. On the other hand I've seen enough first-time marathoners start off their training with self-assurance and good intentions and end up with the usual problems, so we will see

Beltsville is coming up this next weekend, so this week will have some taper elements to it. I think this week will be Training Effect 2s and 3s only - no 4s. On my 6 mile run today, that was a 3.4.

My 90 minutes in the attic today shoving blown insulation around and insulation bats was a 3.2, which I found amusing. When I consider the times I had been up there for 6 hours in the heat of the summer, that must have been a 5.9, which explains why I felt soo exhausted afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment