Thursday, May 8, 2008

Eating Strategy

I am trying to keep myself from eating too much junk food, and I think I've come up with a plan.

There is a whole lot of food that Nature produces "off the vine", as it were. This stuff is supposed to be way healthier than something in a box from name-your-favorite-food-conglomerate.

I'm thinking of an eating strategy that says "nature produces this stuff en masse for people to consume. Stuff in a box, processed, etc.

Eating more natural food and less processed food should be good for me.

So, the rule I'm trying is, "you can eat it if it looks/is pretty much like the way it looked/is in nature". For example:

So a fish filet looks roughly the way it does when people catch fish - so fish is good. But tuna fish salad - just look at that and tell me what part of the tuna produced it? You can't can you?

Oatmeal - it looks a lot like the oats they harvest in the fields.

Ritz crackers - it doesn't look anything like what it is made from in nature.

whole grain bread - you can actually see little bits of the grain in the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment