Thursday, May 8, 2008

Great Doctors

It is so hard to find a great doctor when you run. So many times I have talked with a doctor and I say "it hurts when I do this" and the Doctor has said "Well, don't do that". I want to yell "No! That is not a good enough solution to the problem! I want to keep on doing that until I can't wipe the oatmeal dribbling down my chin*. The reason I come to you, Dr. Doctor, is to make it stop hurting so I can keep on doing that for a long time. So come up with a Plan B."

So, on that note, I'll mention a great doctor I think very highly of. He has never steered me wrong, and he is good at explaining to Type A patients (like me) who want to know everything that's going on and who read too much on WebMD (like me). Dr. Peter Bruno's office is on Chain Bridge Road in McLean, Virginia. Dr. Bruno's specialty is bones, muscles, and "all that stuff", and he is a surgeon also should you need it.

He is also a runner - completed a 100-miler the other year - so he really can feel your pain. I highly recommend him.



*If that was too subtle, I meant "until I am way, way old and decrepit".

No comments:

Post a Comment