Monday, August 4, 2008

Mon Aug 4

I ran down the road again to this little hill I've found. It's the steepest hill for the distance around - there is one steeper but it is very short, and there is one longer but it is not as steep. It takes about 7 minutes to run there at a tempo pace.

I finished 5 laps up the hill - 1:16, 1:12, 1:09, 1:13, and 1:06 - with the lap down in the 1:45 range each time. Then running at a recovery speed back home.

I am going to look for something a little longer and just as steep, to build more endurance and hill strength. I think the hill over the next rise might be just the ticket, I'll need to see. I also need to measure the hill grade using my GPS instead of dead reckoning, to be sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

Speaking of playing tricks, I got dressed in a hurry this morning and something about my singlet didn't look right to my sleepy eyes as I was putting it on. I looked in the mirror on the way out the door and I read "JFK 50 Mile Run" on my chest and I remember thinking "yup, looks fine". Which I later realized could only have meant that the shirt was in fact on backwards - how else to read it correctly in a mirror? Gave me a good chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment