Thursday, March 13, 2008

beating the night

This week has been really hectic, there is a ton going on, and I hadn't been able to work in my work outs. So Wednesday afternoon rolls around and it is already 5:30pm. The sun sets really quickly on this side of summer - one minute it is sunset, the next minute it is pitch dark. Looking at the clock and the rapidly fading light, and that the rest of my week is even busier, I pushed everything back that was piling up for the evening, put on my running gear and headed out the door.

Running near sunset this time of year around here is a sweet-and-sour experience. As long as the sun is shining on me, I am overly warm. In the lengthening shadows I am chilly in the 50F air, especially with the breeze. Glad I brought a wind breaker.

I ran 3.15 miles at an overall pace of 9:11 on the rolling hills route. Most of the running was around an 8:00 pace, with several walk breaks. Just what I needed to clear my head and think good thoughts and help me along the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment