Saturday, March 8, 2008

strong headwinds and rain

It was supposed to rain all day until about 3, and then get very windy (wind advisory said 30-40mph gusts). So I crossed my fingers because tomorrow is supposed to be even worse, and around 2:30 the skies cleared and the sun came out. It was probably 50F outside, so I wore a long-sleeve technical shirt, shorts, and I held onto my fleece hat just in case. I headed down to the W&OD, reached my half way mark and turned back. I hadn't realized I had the wind at my back the whole time, or maybe it had just picked up, but it was in my face now. The skies had grown cloudy again and the wind had come up. I hadn't run into a headwind in a long time and it was kind of like dragging something heavy behind me. Great for the legs and endurance but heck on the pace. And I was sure glad I had my hat. Heavy rain clouds moved back in to make a steel-gray sky. During the last 2 miles it started raining lightly again, and I got home pretty cold and wet. 7.12 miles at 9.35 pace, including 2 stoplights. I stretched, iced my shins and ankle down, and a hot shower and I'm good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment