Monday, July 21, 2008

first run & getting into my new shoes

I ran around the block for 10 minutes, just to check that everything is in working order.  The first run after a long rest always feels great!  Lots of energy, all the muscles are happy to be used again.  It felt great!

I am still coughing but I think I am "recovered" enough to begin running again on a regular basis.  Woo-hoo!
The W&OD 10K is this Saturday ... too late to do any more training per se, but enough time to get my body used to the idea of running again.

And it's time to begin transitioning into my two new pairs of shoes.  So for a fortnight or so, all my shorter runs will be in my new pairs; all my longer runs (~8 miles or more) will be in my old pairs.  Then the old pairs will turn into "around the house shoes" and I'll run with the new pair through the Disneyworld Goofy race-and-a-half in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment