Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2 ITP

Interval Training Program with the Reston Runners at the Herndon Middle School track today. Coach Cindy had us do our warm-up run and stretching, and then run 400s (400 yards, 1 lap around the track) at pace, with a matching rest time, and do 8 to 14 of these. I was about 10 minutes late so I shortened the warm-up run a bit and simplified the stretching to close the gap.

I set my watch timer for 2:00 run/2:00 rest, but during the first 4 laps I kept coming in anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds under time (which increased my rest). I changed the time to 2:00 run/1:50 rest, and this kept me finishing at 10 seconds under almost all the time.

I did 14 laps, plus a cool-down half-mile. I think I was the next to the last one to finish, I'm pleased I completed the stretch goal and kept it at a good pace the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment