Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 2 & 3 - new driveway

I resurfaced my driveway on the second and third. So you might ask, how does this matter to a running blog? Well, it left me really dehydrated - the weather was perfect for the job, mid 80s, sunny, very dry for the summer time (say, 15% humidity). The first coat went on without a hitch, and the second coat did too. I started each around 7:30 am, and finished each around noon-ish. And my mouth was dry as dust after each one. I've spent the time inbetween drinking as much water as I can, along with the occasional Gatorade G2. I hope this doesn't end up impacting my Sunday 15 mile trail run.

(5 July note: it has rained off and on for a day now. When I started the driveway effort I was supposed to have three days of sun - where did this stuff come from? We'll see if the driveway cured enough on the 3rd or if it will wash down the drain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment